Julla international limited, a Kenya registered company takes your privacy very seriously.
limited) collect from you, or that you provide to us, whom we share it to, and how you can
(the user of the service) can prevent us from sharing certain information with certain
1. Information we may collect from you
A. Information you give us about you (Submitted information):
This may include information:
- provided by filling in forms in the App or on the App Site (together Our Sites);
- provided by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or phone call);
- provided by registering to use the App Site, downloading or registering the App, subscribing to any of our Services (such as applying for a loan), searching for an app or Service, sharing data via the App's social media functions, entering a competition, promotion or survey, and reporting a problem with the App, our Services, our App Site or any of Our Service Sites
Such information may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, the Device's phone number, SIM card details, age, username, password and other registration information, photograph, financial and credit information (including your mobile money account details, bank account details, and, personal description and photograph
B. Information we collect about you and your device.
Each time you visit one of our Sites or use one of our Apps we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, unique device identifiers (for example, your Device's IMEI or serial number), information about the SIM card used by the Device, mobile network information, your Device’s operating system, the type of browser you use, or your Device’s location and time zone setting (Device Information);
- information stored on your Device, including contact lists, call logs, SMS logs, social media information, photos, videos or other digital content (Content Information);
- data from your use of any other third-party application on the Device or the Service Sites
- details of your use of any of our Apps or your visits to any of Our Service Sites; including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data (Log Information).
We may also use Geolocation services to determine your current location. You can withdraw your consent to our collection, processing or use of this information at any time by logging out and uninstalling the App from your Device.
D. Information we receive from other sources (Third Party Information).
Due to the nature of the Services which we provide, we are required to work with a number of third parties (such as credit reference bureaus and mobile network providers) and we may r eceive information about you from them.
Unique application numbers.
When you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
2. Tracking and cookies
We may use mobile tracking technologies and/or website cookies to distinguish you from
other users of the App, App Site, or Service Sites. This helps us to provide you with
a good experience when you use the App or browse any of the Service Sites and also allows
us to improve the App and Our Service Sites.
3. Uses made of the information
We may associate any category of information with any other category of
information and will treat the combined information as personal data in
accordance with this Policy for as long as it is combined.
Information collected by us shall be used for the purpose of determining whether or not to provide a loan to the customer, the amount of such loan and the terms and conditions applicable to such loan.
Save in compliance with an order of the Court, Arbitral Panel, Tribunal, Regulatory Directive or Order or any other legal or regulatory obligation, we do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to other parties, but we may provide them with anonymous aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 women aged under 30 have applied for a loan on any given day).
4. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose some or all of the data we collect from you when you download or use the App to
credit reference bureaus.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, affiliates, our holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Julla International or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request; and/or
- in order to: enforce our Terms and Conditions and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; report defaulters to any credit bureau; or for the purpose of publishing statistics relating to the use of the App, in which case all information will be aggregated and made anonymous.
5. Why we collect information
We collect information for the following purposes, including but not limited to (“Purposes”)
- To process your transactions;
- To verify your identity;
- To disburse loans and collect payments for your use of the Service;
- To build an internal credit model and perform credit scoring;
- To analyze customer behavior;
- To allow our partners to fulfill their obligations to you;
- To allow us to fulfill our obligations to our partners;
- To troubleshoot problems with the Service;
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, and rules, such as those relating to “know-your-customer” and anti-money laundering requirements;
- To detect and prevent fraud and other illegal uses of the Service;
- To send you marketing notices, service updates, and promotional offers; and
6. Where We store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination
outside your country of origin or residence (as applicable). It may also be processed
by staff operating outside your country of origin or residence (as applicable), who work
for us or for one of our suppliers. These staff members may be engaged in the fulfillment
of your requests on the Service Sites. By submitting your personal data, you agree to the
collection, transfer, storing or processing of your personal data in the manner set out above.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated, stored and
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of Our Service Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Service Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
7. Your rights
We will use your data for the purposes of compiling statistics relating to our user base or loan portfolio
and may disclose such information to any third party for such purposes, provided that such information will
always be anonymous.
Should we wish to use your information for marketing purposes, we will inform you prior to such use. You shall be entitled to prevent such usage by informing us, within 10 days of being informed of the proposed use, that you do not wish to disclose such information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at hello@julla,co.
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you when you next start the App or log onto one of the Service Sites. The new terms may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept them to continue your use of the App or the Services. In any event, by continuing to use the App or any Services after the posting of any changes, you confirm your continuing acceptance of this Policy together with such changes, and your consent to the terms set out therein.